ST215 Twisting and Stripping Machine for Coax and Microcoax Cable
The cable Stripping and Twisting machine ST215 from Nitronic AG, Switzerland was specially developed for thin cables.
It features an approved four-blade system, which provides accurate and exactly repeated stripping of cables.
The coating is removed by cutting with four rotating blades and strip-off in one single step. This innovative procedure allows processing of:
- Coax/Microcoax cables
- Teflon or Kapton coated cables
- Sucoform SM86 cables from Huber & Suhner
Furthermore, wires are twisted during the stripping process. The high precision avoids damage to wires, dielectric or shield. In addition, a centering unit allows very high precision stripping for high-end applications. The centering unit is infinitely adjustable and assures that the cable is centered respectively to the cutting blades. User influences regarding the stripping quality are eliminated.
Precision blade diameter control with a micrometer scale, allows a quick set-up of diameter. The locking screw of the diameter adjusting system makes the machine available even for military-, aerospace and medtech applications. The quick length control is equipped with a sensor which initiates the stripping process. The high quality of the product guaranties a precise repetitiveness.
The all new ST215W features two additional functions:
- The rotation of the stripping head can be stopped prior to pull-off. This allows to twist or not the strands.
- The second new function is the adjustable Wayback. This function will open the blades a little prior to pull-off. This increases the stripping quality, especially when the wires have important diameter tolerances.
- Wire size range from 0.08 mm (0.003”) to 2.0 mm (0.08”) (12 – 40 AWG) Depending on wire type down to 0.02 mm (0.001”) or 50 AWG Outer cable diameter max 2.5 mm (0.1’’)
- Stripping length up to 13 mm (0.5’’)
- Adjustable diameter feed rate
- Four cutting blades on one plane
- Sensor activated start cycle
- Air nozzle against cable rests
- Wayback (ST215W only)
- Foot pedal activated start cycle (optional)
- Left or right rotation/twisting
- Fast and easy change of length and diameter
- Suitable for microcoax cables and Teflon, Kapton insulations
- 100-230V power supply, 5 to 12 Bar compressed air
Industries Served / Applications :
Aerospace, Defence, Military, Automotive, Industrial Automation, Medical, Solar Photovoltaic, Railways, E-Mobility, Renewable Energy, Telecommunication